Sports Nutrition is the study and practice of diet and nutrition especially with regards to enhancing anyone’s athletic activity. Nutrition is a significant element of all sports training regimens and even being more popular in endurance sports and weightlifting. Sports Nutrition has undergone major changes over the past few years and there are a lot more variables now being looked into than just the food you eat. More attention is being paid to the right types of food and the correct proportions that should be eaten in a particular training session. A perfect blend of carbohydrates, proteins and fats are also essential to your system for optimal function. While most athletes have their own unique way of eating which suits their own body type, it helps to know that certain food groups are ideal to help promote training and maximize one’s workout.
Your ideal sports nutrition plan should take into consideration several factors such as: your body composition, your activity level and current fitness level. You will also need to consider any prior illness or medications you may be taking. Once you have your ideal body composition in mind you can start to work on your ideal dietary and nutritional needs. Now that you have these factors laid down you can start looking at foods that are ideal to promote a healthier and active lifestyle. Here are a few tips to follow when choosing a sports nutritionist:
– Find a professional sports nutritionist who has a proven track record and is a well respected name in the field of sports nutrition. If you’re not sure what to look for, ask for references or recommendations from people you trust. Look for someone who has ample experience and is willing to share with you his/her philosophy on a sports nutrition plan designed to optimize anabolic response and muscle gain. It is very important to discuss with them your goals, objectives, training routine and any special needs you have such as diabetic, vegetarian or other dietary requirements. A nutritionist will be able to recommend the most effective eating plan for your individual needs and a personalized feeding plan that is tailored to your goals.
– Choose a sports nutritionist who uses a high quality and consistent protein source. Protein is the most important nutrient for muscle development and repair. High quality protein sources include eggs, tofu, whey, soy, chicken breast, fish, beef, nuts, seeds and nuts. Make sure your dietitian includes a list of quality sources of protein. The best way to ensure a high quality protein source is to choose natural products. Most health and nutrition stores carry a wide variety of natural, certified organic products including milk, cheese, peanut butter, yogurt, peanut butter, soy milk, tofu and other specialty foods.
– Discuss any family or personal health concerns with your dietitian. Some of the common parental concerns include eating too much or too little fat, calories, sugar or other nutritional concerns. Some dietitians may offer specific exercises or diets that will meet your child’s needs.
– Keep in mind that carbohydrates are not used solely by athletes. They are also needed by the body for energy production, which includes using muscle for activity. Carbohydrates are broken down into two main categories: simple and complex. Simple carbohydrates are found in foods such as fruits and vegetables, whereas complex carbohydrates are found in foods such as whole grain foods, legumes, some meats, dairy products, potatoes and other carbohydrates.
– Consider creatine supplements for increased sports nutrition intake. Creatine is naturally produced by the human body but to increase its level in the body, athletes take in creatine through water, food or supplements. If you are an athlete, ask your sports nutritionist about taking creatine. Your trainer may suggest that you take in higher levels of creatine to achieve more endurance and strength during your workouts.
Eating a proper sports nutrition plan is very important if you want to get the best results from your workouts. It does not only involve eating the right kinds of foods, but also including the right kinds of exercises and nutrients that your body needs. You can find all kinds of information about the best eating plan, exercises and nutrition tips on various websites and health and fitness magazines. Make sure that you include all the essential nutrients and vitamins to ensure that your body receives the proper amount of what it needs during your workouts. Remember to choose the foods that will help you burn fat and build lean muscle tissue rather than adding more calories to your body.
If you liked this content, check out Egg Nutrition